About Me

My photo
What is a PRG?? PRG is something someone started calling me long ago - almost in another lifetime. It stands for "Puerto Rican Goddess." Most days lately, I just feel like a Pretty Regular Girl. So this blog will journal my days as a PRG. Some days that will mean my adventures as a Puerto Rican Goddess; other days I'll just be a Pretty Regular Girl. I hope you can find entertainment in both.

Saturday, April 19, 2008

Resolution

So there I am, sitting in the hairdresser's chair. It's 10:00 in the morning on a Saturday. She has just combed out my curly hair, and has gone to mix my color. I glance up, and staring back at me from the mirror is an aging, fat Puerto Rican with gray hair sticking out in all directions.

It's then I realize that I have let myself go. It happens to most of us, at one time or another, I suppose. But this time I have let myself go too far. Funny how we can almost talk ourselves into believing we're doing ok. But I think I've known for a while how unhappy I've been with myself. So I resolved to do something about it.

Thursday was my first weigh-in for Weight Watchers. It was, in a small way, a good day for me. It was the last day that I will see that number when I step on the scale. My resolution is to lose 28 lbs. The Weight Watchers program is 14 weeks. If I average 2 lbs per week, I will be at my goal by July 10. Stay tuned for updates.

No comments: