About Me

My photo
What is a PRG?? PRG is something someone started calling me long ago - almost in another lifetime. It stands for "Puerto Rican Goddess." Most days lately, I just feel like a Pretty Regular Girl. So this blog will journal my days as a PRG. Some days that will mean my adventures as a Puerto Rican Goddess; other days I'll just be a Pretty Regular Girl. I hope you can find entertainment in both.

Monday, September 21, 2009

Confession #2

I love sports, but I'm a *huge* fair-weather fan. Example: When I was in high school, my dad told me about a quarterback named Brett Favre. So for the next 12 years, I proudly proclaimed myself a loyal Packers fan. Then Favre retired. Then he came back, but as a NY Jet. OK, OK, we all know the story. The point is, I used to be able to name the Packers players, give you stats about the game, the stadium, who had how many yards, etc. Now, I couldn't even tell you what their record was last year. I guess in truth, I am more a fan of individual players, rather than a team, necessarily.

Football does hold a very dear spot in my heart, right next to mixed martial arts. Mixed martial arts (MMA) is a combination of jiu jitsu fighting, wrestling, boxing, and muay thai fighting. It's really dangerous, and the fights can get pretty graphic, but it is so exhilarating to watch! I can name most of the seasoned fighters in the UFC (the most well-known league), and I definitely have my favorites.

I know I can't be the only girl who likes to see someone taken out by an arm-bar or a flying knee. Anyone else out there...anyone? Speak up! Let me know what your favorite sport is!

*SJ*

No comments: