About Me

My photo
What is a PRG?? PRG is something someone started calling me long ago - almost in another lifetime. It stands for "Puerto Rican Goddess." Most days lately, I just feel like a Pretty Regular Girl. So this blog will journal my days as a PRG. Some days that will mean my adventures as a Puerto Rican Goddess; other days I'll just be a Pretty Regular Girl. I hope you can find entertainment in both.

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Pre-Birthday Present

Birthdays are a big deal for me. I'm not particularly close to my family, so holidays like Christmas and Thanksgiving are uncomfortable at best, depressing at worst. However, when I started dating Jay many moons ago, he always made a big deal about my birthday. We always went somewhere great for dinner, and the festivities usually included a big shopping spree.


Now that we're not together anymore, I knew better than to expect a big shopping spree this year. However, he still did something completely over-the-top and generous for me this year. He knew I had been talking about buying myself an iPad. In fact, I even took him to the Apple Store one day to test drive one and show him what it was all about.


Well, several days ago, I decided the nearly $800 price tag was too steep for me right now, and I really ought to do something more responsible with the money I had been saving. So I decided to buy a Barnes & Noble Nook for now and keep saving my money to pay off some other things.

Jay actually took me to B & N and paid for half of my Nook as my birthday present!!


And of course, I had to get a protective case for it. If you know me, you know I am a gadget geek. However, I am also a klutz! Hence, the need for the case. This one was designed by Johnathan Adler and I was drawn to it immediately.

I can't wait to start reading on my Nook. I was hesitant to get an eReader at first. To me, there's just something about turning the pages of a book, ya know? But now that I've had a chance to play with one a few times, I really think I'm going to like it.

Do you have an eReader? Do you like it? What are you reading now?
*SJ*


1 comment:

caitlin said...

hey, it's caitlin (from nanowrimo),

happy birthday! And that is so awesome you got an e-reader for your birthday. gorgeous case for it! i'm still kinda hesitant about ereaders myself...