About Me

My photo
What is a PRG?? PRG is something someone started calling me long ago - almost in another lifetime. It stands for "Puerto Rican Goddess." Most days lately, I just feel like a Pretty Regular Girl. So this blog will journal my days as a PRG. Some days that will mean my adventures as a Puerto Rican Goddess; other days I'll just be a Pretty Regular Girl. I hope you can find entertainment in both.

Sunday, September 9, 2012

Is It Friday Yet?!

I'm sitting at Chick-Fil-A people watching, enjoying my lunch break.  People are funny.  Just making reference to this oh-so-yummy fast food chain causes people to get uncomfortable.

In case you've been living under a rock, let me enlighten you.  Sometime are the middle of the summer, the CEO of CFA made a statement in an interview regarding gay marriage.  He said that the company supports "the biblical definition of the family unit."  Months later, Facebook feed and Twitter are still, well, a-twitter.

Although I feel very strongly about my own convictions on the subject, I don't feel the need to tout them here.  Suffice it to say I am enjoying a very large order of waffle fries dipped in Chick-Fil-A sauce.

Aaaaaaaanyway, back to the people watching.  I see a mom with four kids here - only one is screaming.  There is an older woman by herself, probably on her lunch break like I am.  A play date is in progress in the kids' area.  A group of young guys came in, followed by a handsome cowboy who walks with a limp.  A mom spending time with her teenage daughter is here, and a good-lookin' Puerto Rican chic in the corner.  (Wait, that's me!)

It's not often that I find myself overly religious, but sometimes I have a gestalt - my "aha moment," as one of my profs at SAGU called it.  Where everything falls into place.  I've really been focusing on trying to be more positive lately.  Being the change I wish to see, if you will.  Most days I remember to read my verse of the day in The Message.

{John 16:33} "I've told you all this so that trusting me, you will be unshakable and assured deeply at peace.  In this godless world you will continue to experience difficulties.  But take heart!  I've conquered the world."

You've probably had someone tell you "be kind to everyone, because you never know what they are going through."   Today's verse confirms that.  It is a godless world.  There will be difficulties...BUT! (Don't you love how the verse doesn't end after promising difficulties?)  He has overcome this nasty, filthy, unfair, godless world.

I don't know about you, but I sure needed that word of reassurance today.  Some days I feel like no one understands and I can't see a way out.  BUT TAKE HEART!

*SJ*

No comments: