About Me

My photo
What is a PRG?? PRG is something someone started calling me long ago - almost in another lifetime. It stands for "Puerto Rican Goddess." Most days lately, I just feel like a Pretty Regular Girl. So this blog will journal my days as a PRG. Some days that will mean my adventures as a Puerto Rican Goddess; other days I'll just be a Pretty Regular Girl. I hope you can find entertainment in both.

Sunday, July 27, 2008

Another Great Recipe from a Fellow Pea

Several of the ladies on the board I frequent, twopeasinabucket, keep cooking and baking blogs. I found a great recipe for Apricot Balsamic Chicken on one blog (I'll add a link here as soon as I get permission from the owner.) and tried it out when my sister was over last night. Even my husband, the pickiest man God ever created, liked it. Here's the recipe I used:

Apricot Balsamic Chicken

2 T butter
1/2 c apricot preserves
3 T balsamic vinegar
1/4 t crushed red pepper flakes
1/2 t rosemary leaves
pinch of sea salt

Melt the butter in a saucepan. Once melted, add the remaining ingredients. Lower the heat to medium-low and let cook until sauce thickens.

Remove from the pan and pour in a bowl to let cool. (Can be prepared a few days in advance if you prefer. Just warm in the microwave before use to thin slightly.)

Season chicken with salt and pepper. Put the chicken on a hot grill. Make sure the heat is on low so you don't burn the chicken on the outside and have a raw center.

When the chicken is cooked (it should be slightly firm in the center), brush on the glaze. Turn chicken over and coat the other side. Keep turning and coating until you've used all the glaze and the chicken is nice and caramelized. Remove from grill and serve.

Notes
~~We served this to my niece, who is two, so I was afraid to use the red pepper flakes. When I make it again (and I will) I will be sure to add them.

~~I also omitted the rosemary, but that's just because I don't like it!

It was a big hit for us and I hope you enjoy it, too!

No comments: