About Me

My photo
What is a PRG?? PRG is something someone started calling me long ago - almost in another lifetime. It stands for "Puerto Rican Goddess." Most days lately, I just feel like a Pretty Regular Girl. So this blog will journal my days as a PRG. Some days that will mean my adventures as a Puerto Rican Goddess; other days I'll just be a Pretty Regular Girl. I hope you can find entertainment in both.

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Happy Earth Day 2010!

Today is Earth Day, the day where we are supposed to take stock of our carbon footprint and do things that reduce our impact on the Earth. By now, many of use recycle, drive hybrid vehicles, and buy less in general.

For my contribution, we have switched our business to use 100% soy wax as our candle base. The soy we use is locally grown, helping support a local farmer and reducing gas use to transport. It is also cleaner burning than "regular" paraffin wax, reducing its environmental impact. (More on the business later.)

I'm also searching for the *perfect* reusable water bottle. I'm taking suggestions. I have found several different types, including plastic, metal, and glass, but I'm still not sure which is the best.

So what are you doing to reduce your carbon footprint? Any suggestions for the perfect water bottle? Please share!

*SJ*

No comments: