About Me

My photo
What is a PRG?? PRG is something someone started calling me long ago - almost in another lifetime. It stands for "Puerto Rican Goddess." Most days lately, I just feel like a Pretty Regular Girl. So this blog will journal my days as a PRG. Some days that will mean my adventures as a Puerto Rican Goddess; other days I'll just be a Pretty Regular Girl. I hope you can find entertainment in both.

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

I May Be Overthinking This, But...

Here's the thing: I'm a Broadcasting student. I've spent much of my adult life studying, writing for, analyzing and critiquing TV and film. There's not a lot that really WOWs me, and I'm a pretty tough critic in my head.

Here's another thing about me: I *love* Sex and the City. Not so much for the sex (a nice bonus), but because I have an unending love affair with New York City. I visited once in college, but it really started long before that, when I was a child. My dad worked out of NYC and flew there often. He always came back with fascinating tales of the city, the food, the people; I couldn't wait to experience it for myself.

So what do these two things have to do with each other? And what's my problem, you ask? Well I just watched the trailer for Sex & the City 2 which hits theaters May 27. I was a little skeptical when the movie was first announced, because really, what else is there that we haven't seen in 6 seasons and 1 movie? Judge for yourself:

Is anyone else a little annoyed that the movie does not actually take plan IN the city?? As previously mentioned, that was my main draw to the show. I assume I will probably be in the minority on this one, because the costumes, the scenery, the movie itself, after all does look pretty fabulous. Call me a purist, but I'll still miss seeing so much of *my city* this time around.

What do you think? Do you plan on watching the movie? Any thoughts on the change of venue? Am I completely off my rocker? Let me know!

*SJ*

No comments: