About Me

My photo
What is a PRG?? PRG is something someone started calling me long ago - almost in another lifetime. It stands for "Puerto Rican Goddess." Most days lately, I just feel like a Pretty Regular Girl. So this blog will journal my days as a PRG. Some days that will mean my adventures as a Puerto Rican Goddess; other days I'll just be a Pretty Regular Girl. I hope you can find entertainment in both.

Monday, September 23, 2013

Makeover Monday: A New Me!


See this smile on my face?  It's not there anymore.  This was before I started the Insanity workout.  I'm pretty sure my results are crap, but I'm going to post them anyway.  That way I can come back here and compare every now and then.

Switch Kick - 67
Power Jack - 50
Power Knee - 86
Power Jump - 30
Power Squat - 8
S*icides - 13
Push Up Jacks - 15
Agility - 22

Since my birthday was last week, I decided I had better start taking care of myself for real.  I'm not getting any younger, after all.  And lately I've heard these commercials on the radio that say "If you're thinking about having a baby in the future, you need to start preparing your body now..." Thank you, wake up call!

I usually do OK with the workout portion, but I really struggle with the eating right part of being healthy.  I have an insatiable sweet tooth.  I seriously eat something sweet after almost every meal.  And sometimes dessert *is* dinner!  So I'm going to be spending much more time on Pinterest checking out all the sites and blogs where they take something delicious and fattening and turn it into something much less horrible for you.  Hey - anything to spend more time on Pinterest!

What have you done to take better care of yourself?  What are some of your go-to recipes?  Please share!

*SJ*

No comments: