About Me

My photo
What is a PRG?? PRG is something someone started calling me long ago - almost in another lifetime. It stands for "Puerto Rican Goddess." Most days lately, I just feel like a Pretty Regular Girl. So this blog will journal my days as a PRG. Some days that will mean my adventures as a Puerto Rican Goddess; other days I'll just be a Pretty Regular Girl. I hope you can find entertainment in both.

Sunday, August 15, 2010

I Believe I Could Have a New Addiction

So, I was cruising around the interwebs today, and came across a blog that mentions geocaching. Wanting to find out more, I went to www.geocaching.com. What a wealth of information!

According to the site, what geocaching is, in a nutshell, is a treasure hunt. Sure, you use more high-tech gadgets than you did when you were a kid, but it's the same basic concept. People from all over the world hide treasures ("caches") and then give the latitude/longitude. Once you find the cache, you sign the logbook & record your experience online. Sometimes there is something to trade, such as a trinket or a note.

I definitely have more to learn about geocaching, but so far I'm intrigued. Any experiences or helpful hints would be appreciated.

*SJ*

1 comment:

Carrol said...

Found your blog via 2Peas. :) I wanted to say that I love geocaching. I love how it can be a casual walk through a park, or a trek up a mountain to the cache. I love gadgets too and have used both an iPhone and my android device to find the caches. I have to say iPhone's app wins. I haven't tried it with my iPad yet as I imagine it could get kind of uncomfortable to carry while in rough terrain. Also, the sheer amount of caches out there is phenomenal! We went to the zoo with our kids last weekend and there were 6 caches right in the zoo!

Have fun with your new hobby!