About Me

My photo
What is a PRG?? PRG is something someone started calling me long ago - almost in another lifetime. It stands for "Puerto Rican Goddess." Most days lately, I just feel like a Pretty Regular Girl. So this blog will journal my days as a PRG. Some days that will mean my adventures as a Puerto Rican Goddess; other days I'll just be a Pretty Regular Girl. I hope you can find entertainment in both.

Monday, August 30, 2010

Weekend Recap

I had such a fantastic time this weekend! I spent the weekend with my fellow bartender, Shasta. We made it a girls' weekend and had a blast! We left work early Friday night and headed out to one of the pubs in the area. We danced the night away, and before we knew it, it was 2 am!


Well, what are two young, good-looking bartenders to do after the bar closes? Find an after-party of course! We ended up heading over to my buddy Matt's place, where we hung out with my regular Thursday night crowd of guys. They're my boys that come up to see me at the bar every Thursday night. Here's a picture of me and one of my boys, Philip:







We stayed at their place until it was time to take Janet back to work, which was about 11 o'clock the next morning! Saturday we lay pretty low. Hung out at Shasta's house with her mom and her kids, who are adorable! Soon enough, it was time to get ready for Saturday night. We had planned to go to Billy Bob's Texas, the world's7 largest honky tonk.


Now, those of you who hail from somewhere outside of the great state of Texas may not be familiar with the term "honky tonk." Basically, it's a country bar. But really it's so much more than that. According to dictionary.com, a honky tonk is a "cheap, noisy and garish nightclub or dance hall." That pretty much describes Billy Bob's! It's located in the Fort Worth Stockyards, not far from where I used to work. I had never been to Billy Bob's before Saturday night, although it is one of the biggest tourist attractions in the area. Here's a pic of me and Shasta at the beginning of the night:


Froggy's is a really cool place on the water, and they have a sand volleyball court and a slip 'n slide! And *this* is Justin, our bartender at Froggy's. Notice the very nice eyes Justin has? Careful ladies, he has a "kind of" girlfriend! Huh? Yeah, I'm actually *really* over these guys and their "kind of" girlfriends. Man up, for crying out loud! (Justin is actually really sweet & a fantastic bartender. He's not committing bc she just moved away, so...)

The saddest site at the end of the night is a bunch of empty shot glasses.

And here's a pic of me and my kickball buddy, Brian. All of his friends call him "Carp." As in, "drinks like a fish." LOL

So that was my weekend, in a nutshell. We ate, we drank, we were merry! We laughed, we cried, and a good time was had by all!
I promise to get back to your regularly scheduled programming after today. This weekend was definitely the exception, rather than the rule, for my posting. I had intended to post some this weekend, but when you're staying with someone else, it's difficult to plan alone time.
Hope everyone had as great a weekend as mine was. Let's have a great week!
*SJ*

Word Count: 514

No comments: