About Me

My photo
What is a PRG?? PRG is something someone started calling me long ago - almost in another lifetime. It stands for "Puerto Rican Goddess." Most days lately, I just feel like a Pretty Regular Girl. So this blog will journal my days as a PRG. Some days that will mean my adventures as a Puerto Rican Goddess; other days I'll just be a Pretty Regular Girl. I hope you can find entertainment in both.

Thursday, January 17, 2013

Thirsty Thursday: Summertime In a Glass

It was SUCH a gorgeous day today in Fort Worth!  Friends of mine who were travelling the East Coast were posting pictures of a snow storm, while I ran my errands in 60 degree weather.  I don't want to get ahead of myself, because the worst of the Texas winter is yet to come.  But this afternoon did make me long for Spring.  In honor of that, today I am sharing the Bahama Mama!

Bahama Mama
  • 1.5 oz dark rum (such as Captain Morgan)
  • 1 oz coconut rum (Malibu)
  • 4 oz pineapple juice
  • 2 oz orange juice
Put everything in a shaker over ice and shake to mix.  Serve in a fancy glass, such as a hurricane glass.  Garnish with a swirl of Grenadine on top, and a cherry or an orange slice.  Sit and wait three months until Spring rolls around.

Enjoy!

*SJ*

No comments: