About Me

My photo
What is a PRG?? PRG is something someone started calling me long ago - almost in another lifetime. It stands for "Puerto Rican Goddess." Most days lately, I just feel like a Pretty Regular Girl. So this blog will journal my days as a PRG. Some days that will mean my adventures as a Puerto Rican Goddess; other days I'll just be a Pretty Regular Girl. I hope you can find entertainment in both.

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Thirsty Thursday: Wine of the Moment

It feels like a good evening to sit back and relax with a good book and a glass of wine.  It's a little chilly outside, but the rain has finally stopped after two days.  It's quiet in the house, and I have nowhere else to be.

I haven't darkened the doors of a bar in almost two weeks.  That shouldn't be a big deal, but it is.  I am taking an unintended hiatus from my bartending gig, and haven't felt much like hanging out in a smoky room lately.  Instead, I have been spending a lot of time at home: reading, watching movies, catching up on blogging and sending exciting, hopeful little text messages to a special someone.

To celebrate the end of another busy, stressful day, I propose a toast.  I've been drinking a lot of wine lately. I'm not trying to be fancy; I just get too fat when I drink beer!  My wine of choice is always a white.  Sometimes a Riesling, but lately I favor a Moscato.  I tried a new brand on New Year's Eve - Barefoot Wine & Bubbly - and really enjoyed it.  I have since bought more, and we go through it pretty quickly each time!

It's hard for me to find a wine I truly enjoy, and therefore I don't show loyalty to any one particular brand.  This one is different, however, as we tried three varieties on NYE and enjoyed each one.  While I many venture out and try others, I am confident this will be my new "go to" wine.  The Spumante is perfect for a special celebration, the Red Moscato a compliment to many meat dishes, and the Moscato pairs perfectly with Thirsty Thursday.  Cheers!

Photo Courtesy of Pinterest

*SJ*

No comments: