About Me

My photo
What is a PRG?? PRG is something someone started calling me long ago - almost in another lifetime. It stands for "Puerto Rican Goddess." Most days lately, I just feel like a Pretty Regular Girl. So this blog will journal my days as a PRG. Some days that will mean my adventures as a Puerto Rican Goddess; other days I'll just be a Pretty Regular Girl. I hope you can find entertainment in both.

Saturday, August 23, 2008

Shopping Finds

My sister and I went shopping today, and did we ever luck out! I was on the hunt for some scrapping/cardmaking supplies, and I really hit the jackpot! Here's what I found:

Cutter Bee circle cutter, on clearance for $12.48(!), K & Company tag book, heidi swapp clear acrylic "thank you" stamp, corner rounder punch. The only thing I paid full price for was the corner rounder, which was $3.99


I needed to pick up just a few basics, and found these while I was at Wal-Mart. The tote is very roomy and has plenty of compartments inside and out. The markers are acid-free metallic markers, which I have never seen before. I thought I would give them a try. The stencil is a set of three; one of them is a large background stencil. I thought it would be nice to try with some glimmer mist. Obviously, the colored pencils are self-explanatory and a must-have item.

OK, so here we go with all of my Michael's finds (deep breath): cardstock in white, black, and neutrals. Four-pack of scissors, different sizes. Seven different spools of ribbon (dollar bin - YAY!) Bone folder and large acrylic block for stamping. Also one set of blending chalks and a tag-shaped mega punch.

Mike's finds continued: One pack each Pop Dots and Mini Pop Dots, plus a roll of regular adhesive dots (Dotto removable - I make mistakes!). One jet black Staz-On pad, set of 4 Tsukineko Brilliance pads, and 4 Versa Magic pads, plus Staz-On stamp cleaner. One bottle of white embossing powder, and one bottle of Martha Stewart turuoise glitter - this stuff is gorgeous! Eleven rubber stamps for various occasions, and 4 sets of clear acrylics from the dollar bins, along with a small acrylic block.

All told, I spent a lot of money, but it was worth it! I was able to use a few coupons, and most of the other items I got on clearance or on sale. I really needed to beef up my supply, as I feel I have been trapped doing the same old thing lately.

What good finds have you had lately? What projects have you accomplished? Come on over and share!

*S*

Craving something sweet? Bring your appetite and head over to my baking blog, Cupcake Toujours

No comments: