About Me

My photo
What is a PRG?? PRG is something someone started calling me long ago - almost in another lifetime. It stands for "Puerto Rican Goddess." Most days lately, I just feel like a Pretty Regular Girl. So this blog will journal my days as a PRG. Some days that will mean my adventures as a Puerto Rican Goddess; other days I'll just be a Pretty Regular Girl. I hope you can find entertainment in both.

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Christmas Menu Planning

Well folks, I think I've really done it this time. After much careful planning (read: panicking bc Christmas is 10 days away!) I believe I have come up with my Christmas menu. This will be my first year preparing a "real" Christmas feast, and I'm very excited!

I have a semi-picky eater to cook for, which means no mushrooms, no black olives, no avocado. I am VERY picky, so that also rules out turkey, fish & all other forms of seafood. What we have managed to agree on, however, are the following:
  • Apricot Pork Tenderloin
  • My Mom's (and quickly becoming MY) Famous Cheesy Potatoes
  • Green Been Bundles
  • Wilted Spinach Salad with Warm Apple Cider and Bacon Vinaigrette

I'll share with you today the recipe I found for the tenderloin. Of course, as almost always, this one comes from Allrecipes.com.

Apricot Pork Tenderloin

  • 2 lbs pork tenderloin
  • 1/4 cup softened butter
  • salt & pepper to taste
  • 1 tsp ground thyme
  • 2 tsp garlic powder
  • 1 (18 oz) jar apricot preserves
  • 2 Tbsp honey, or to taste
  • 1/4 cup dry sherry

1. Preheat oven to 350.

2. Spread butter all over the pork tenderloin. Season with salt, pepper, and thyme. Combine garlic powder, apricot preserves, honey, and sherry in a seperate bowl.

3. Roast the pork in a preheated oven for 30-40 minutes. Remove the pork from the oven and brush with the apricot sauce. Return the pork to the oven. Continue roasting, basting ocassionally with the remaining sauce, until the pork is no longer pink in the center, about 15 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read 160 degrees.

I'm really looking forward to trying these new recipes. So far, The Boy has liked everything I've cooked for him. I hope I can continue the trend. What new recipes are you trying out for Christmas? Any old stand-bys you're including? Share a recipe!

*SJ*

No comments: