About Me

My photo
What is a PRG?? PRG is something someone started calling me long ago - almost in another lifetime. It stands for "Puerto Rican Goddess." Most days lately, I just feel like a Pretty Regular Girl. So this blog will journal my days as a PRG. Some days that will mean my adventures as a Puerto Rican Goddess; other days I'll just be a Pretty Regular Girl. I hope you can find entertainment in both.

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Two-fer Tuesday, Take 2

This recipe is a fun take on peppermint bark. You'll use the same ingredients, but the presentation is a little more "formal," in my opinion. I love the surprised look on everyone's faces when they bite into my chocolate truffles and find them filled with a white creamy filling and peppermint!

To make these bite-sized treats, you'll need:

  • 1 bag white chocolate chips (12-16 oz)
  • 1 can prepared white frosting
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 bag semi-sweet chocolate chips (about 12-16 oz)

THEN...

Crush 1 box (12 count) candy canes and set aside. Melt the white chocolate chips in the microwave (30 second bursts, stirring in between, until completely melted). Add one can of prepared white frosting. Stir in 1 tsp vanilla extract (I also add peppermint extract); blend in the crushed candy canes.

Refrigerate until firm enough to handle, about one hour. Roll into balls and refrigerate again, usually overnight.

Melt the semi-sweet chocolate chips. Dip truffles in semi-sweet chocolate, then set onto waxed paper. Refrigerate again until firm.

Enjoy!!

*SJ*

Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

No comments: