About Me

My photo
What is a PRG?? PRG is something someone started calling me long ago - almost in another lifetime. It stands for "Puerto Rican Goddess." Most days lately, I just feel like a Pretty Regular Girl. So this blog will journal my days as a PRG. Some days that will mean my adventures as a Puerto Rican Goddess; other days I'll just be a Pretty Regular Girl. I hope you can find entertainment in both.

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Two-fer Tuesday, Take 1

Oops! The holiday weekend sort of knocked my regular posting schedule for a loop! To make up for it, today I bring you "Two-fer Tuesday"...two, two, two recipes in one!!!

Jeremy and I had a fantastic Christmas - our first together. I've written extensively over the past month about planning my menu and decorating his apartment. What I hadn't planned for was the surprise we got on Christmas Day. I got up early to make breakfast - Banana Butterscotch Muffins. He got up shortly thereafter and talked to his mom on the phone. During the conversation, she mentioned they had a freezer full of deer sausage and still had some left over. They were trying to figure out how to get the sausage to us so it wouldn't go to waste.

The conversation ended with them coming up from Houston to share Christmas dinner with us! The plan was for them to bring the sausage, stay for dinner, and stay the night. They returned to Houston Sunday morning after a great day spent together eating, laughing, talking, and drinking.

I hope your Christmas was as fun and full of love as ours was. After all that cooking, though, I'm ready for a break! Tonight we're keeping it simple with deviled eggs, leftover chicken 'n dumplins, and spinach salad. For part one of this post, I'm sharing the deviled eggs recipe I'm using. You'll need:

  • 12 eggs
  • 1/2 cup mayo
  • 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
  • 1/2 lb bacon, cooked and chopped
  • 2 Tbsp shredded cheddar
  • paprika, and Cayenne pepper or cajun seasoning to taste

Begin by hard-boiling your eggs. Once cooled, cut eggs in half and separate the yolks into a medium sized bowl. Add the remaining ingredients to the yolks, and stir until well-blended. Pipe the filling into the egg halves, overfilling slightly. Garnish with paprika or seasoning of your choice.

I assume everyone knows how to make deviled eggs, but this is my recipe. I realized while I was writing this that I forgot to include the bacon and cheddar cheese in the photo - I left them in the fridge! Also, while preparing the filling, I decided to omit the apple cider vinegar I had originally included in the picture. As you can tell, my method in the kitchen is to keep things fluid!

Enjoy, and stay tuned for Two-fer Tuesday, Take 2!

*SJ*

Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

No comments: