About Me

My photo
What is a PRG?? PRG is something someone started calling me long ago - almost in another lifetime. It stands for "Puerto Rican Goddess." Most days lately, I just feel like a Pretty Regular Girl. So this blog will journal my days as a PRG. Some days that will mean my adventures as a Puerto Rican Goddess; other days I'll just be a Pretty Regular Girl. I hope you can find entertainment in both.

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Thirsty Thursday: French Vanilla Eggnog

For today's Thirsty Thursday, I wanted to give you a twist on the seasonal favorite, eggnog. I'm not the biggest fan of eggnog myself, so I don't have a tried-and-true personal recipe. Instead, I'm leaning on my old friend The Food Network for this one.

3 cups milk
6 Tbsp sugar
1 tsp nutmeg
4 oz brandy
4 oz rum
2 oz creme de cacao
3 cups French Vanilla ice cream, melted

Begin by whisking the milk, sugar, and nutmeg in a pitcher or bowl. Whisk in the 3 liquors. Finally, add the melted ice cream.

You can find this recipe among the "50 Holiday Drinks" on the Food Network's page, here. I'd still like to find an eggnog recipe I like. I'm going to try this one, for sure. If you've got a go-to recipe you'd like me to try, feel free to send it! Enjoy!

*SJ*

2 comments:

Covered In Crafts said...

*drool* That sounds amazing!

Unknown said...

Oh YUM!! That sounds sooooo good!