About Me

My photo
What is a PRG?? PRG is something someone started calling me long ago - almost in another lifetime. It stands for "Puerto Rican Goddess." Most days lately, I just feel like a Pretty Regular Girl. So this blog will journal my days as a PRG. Some days that will mean my adventures as a Puerto Rican Goddess; other days I'll just be a Pretty Regular Girl. I hope you can find entertainment in both.

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Thirsty Thursday: Winter Warm-Up

In an attempt to blog more regularly, I have decided, like many bloggers, to theme my days. This should (hopefully) prevent me from being at a loss for what to say. Many people do a "Wordless Wednesday" post, where they simply post a photo. I did this a while back, and am going to incorporate that again.

For today's post, I give you......Thirsty Thursday!! Since I am a bartender, I may as well share some of what I know. People are always asking me what my favorite drink is to make, what my favorite shot is to take, and if I really love my job. In reverse order, the answers to those questions are:

1)Most days

2)Scooby Snack

3)Adult Apple Cider

Of course, like everything else, the answers to those questions change on a daily, weekly, or hourly basis. But I am currently satisfied with my job (although I wish I had more quality time with my family). My favorite shot to take is a Scooby Snack (recipe here), and I just created a fabulous Adult Apple Cider. It's super simple, and a nice winter warm-up.

You'll need:

2 packets of your favorite Apple Cider mix (I used our old stand-by, Alpine. If you're using loose powder, you need 2 servings.)

12 oz hot water

2-4 oz Pinnacle Whipped, Whip Cream flavored vodka

This recipe is so simple, all you do is follow the directions! Place your powdered cider in a cup and add the water. Stir until dissolved. Add 2-4 oz of the vodka. Since I made double servings of the cider, I added a double shot of vodka.

Some suggestions you might try: add real whipped cream or a caramel drizzle to your cider. I was going to attempt this, but once I tasted it, decided it didn't need anything additional. The vodka is *very* sweet!

We ended up drinking A LOT of these while putting up the tree the other night! It got us in the Holiday Spirit, they were tasty, and we had fun. These quick little cocktails are a great way to add some spice to your holiday party, or just to add a little "something special" to a cozy night around the fire. When will YOU try it?!

*SJ*

BTW, I am in no way affiliate with Alpine or Pinnacle. I'm just a bartender. I like vodka. That is all.

Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

No comments: