About Me

My photo
What is a PRG?? PRG is something someone started calling me long ago - almost in another lifetime. It stands for "Puerto Rican Goddess." Most days lately, I just feel like a Pretty Regular Girl. So this blog will journal my days as a PRG. Some days that will mean my adventures as a Puerto Rican Goddess; other days I'll just be a Pretty Regular Girl. I hope you can find entertainment in both.

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Thirsty Thursday: New Years Eve Champagne Cocktail

2010 is almost over. I love new beginnings, so what better way to celebrate than with a cocktail?! Today I am sharing a champagne cocktail that is just as good for a midnight toast as it is with your breakfast toast! (Yep, I think I just solidified my dork status!) You'll need:

  • Strawberry Puree
  • Orange Juice
  • Champagne

The amount of each that you'll need really depends on your taste. I like to fill the champagne flute about halfway with the strawberry. Then I add orange juice until the glass is about 3/4 of the way full. Top of with a good champagne. I prefer an Extra Dry champagne, as it is a little sweeter.

For a kid-friendly version, you could use sparkling apple cider or sparkling grape juice. I don't add ice cubes to this one, as I feel it will water down the champagne. You could, however, add frozen raspberries or blueberries to keep the drink cold.

What New Year's Eve traditions do you have? Come back tomorrow when I discuss lessons learned from this year, as well as resolutions I'm making for 2011. Enjoy!


*SJ*

No comments: