About Me

My photo
What is a PRG?? PRG is something someone started calling me long ago - almost in another lifetime. It stands for "Puerto Rican Goddess." Most days lately, I just feel like a Pretty Regular Girl. So this blog will journal my days as a PRG. Some days that will mean my adventures as a Puerto Rican Goddess; other days I'll just be a Pretty Regular Girl. I hope you can find entertainment in both.

Sunday, September 7, 2008

Christmas Progress Report

The blog challenge on 2 Peas today is "Have you started making Christmas presents yet?"

Of course, if you've read my blog in the past month, you're probably laughing right now. I happen to be keeping track, and there only 109 more days til Christmas!! I've been preparing for the last several weeks.

In fact, as I am writing this now, I am testing out one of the recipes I will use as gifts. My girlfriend, Tracey, and I were talking about those candied nuts you get at Christmastime. They are on my top 10 list of favorite things, and I was dying to find a good recipe! I did find one, which I am posting on my baking blog, Cupcake Toujours. They smell wonderful, are pretty easy to make, and are sure to make a big impression!

The second thing I have done is bought the materials for my main gifts. I plan to post pics when I'm done, but I'm still developing the idea, so don't want to give too much away.

The thing I am having trouble with the most is the cards. Even though I love cardmaking, I know there are others who are so much better at it than I. Most of the time, I cave and just end up buying something. In an effort to keep my handmade pledge, I will be making all of my cards this year.

What about you? What gifts/projects are you working on? Any idea how in the world I can make 20+ handmade cards without losing my sanity? Let's hear what you have to say!

*S*

Craving something sweet? Bring your appetite and head over to my baking blog, Cupcake Toujours

No comments: