About Me

My photo
What is a PRG?? PRG is something someone started calling me long ago - almost in another lifetime. It stands for "Puerto Rican Goddess." Most days lately, I just feel like a Pretty Regular Girl. So this blog will journal my days as a PRG. Some days that will mean my adventures as a Puerto Rican Goddess; other days I'll just be a Pretty Regular Girl. I hope you can find entertainment in both.

Friday, September 12, 2008

Only 12 more weeks to go!

So here I am, my second Friday night in a row, sitting in front of my computer. Nothing new, but right now I am exhausted! I just spent the last six hours working on homework.

There I was, sitting at my dining room table (I really do need to buy another desk), both laptops out in front of me. I had two film reviews due for my Cultural Anthropology class, "World Cultures Through Film." On one laptop, I was watching the films, on the other, typing my film reviews. Each film was one hour and fifteen minutes, documentary-style. Not exactly my idea of a good time on a Friday night.

The good news is, though, that there are only 12 more weeks left in the semester. So only 12 more Friday nights like this one. YAY!!

Other than that, not much exciting happened today. I didn't have to go in to the office today, as I had some training to do. Since I have my stockbroker's license, I am required to take continuing ed classes every few years. Well, today was my day, so I had to go sit and watch a bunch of different scenarios and take a bunch of quizzes. I passed with flying colors (I should!) and I won't have to do it again for three more years.

Since I got to take the whole day off, Jay and I went to lunch, then I went and got a pedicure. Of course, after that, he had to go to work,which is when I got down to business with my homework.

It's getting pretty late here now, and Hurricane Ike is expected to hit Houston in the next hour or so. We're far enough away that we won't get a direct hit, but we will see some impact. They have even predicted winds of 45-100 MPH here tomorrow! I expect that this weekend and early next week we will see a lot of rain. That is usually all we get, but the warnings on Ike are making me a little nervous.

I'll try to keep my blog updated throughout the day tomorrow. I expect that is when we will see the worst of it. Keep Texas in your thoughts!!

*S*

No comments: