About Me

My photo
What is a PRG?? PRG is something someone started calling me long ago - almost in another lifetime. It stands for "Puerto Rican Goddess." Most days lately, I just feel like a Pretty Regular Girl. So this blog will journal my days as a PRG. Some days that will mean my adventures as a Puerto Rican Goddess; other days I'll just be a Pretty Regular Girl. I hope you can find entertainment in both.

Thursday, September 11, 2008

We Will Never Forget

So today, obviously, marks the seven year "anniversary" of the September 11 attacks. This is such a sad day for me every year.

I was raised in a military household, and never knew when my dad or my brother would be called up to serve somewhere. Waiting to find out if my dad would be shipped out during Operation Desert Storm was one of the worst days of my life.

I think it is beautiful that the memorial at the Pentagon was dedicated today. There is also a steel cross at the crash site in Shanksville, PA. It is made out of steel that was recovered from ground zero.

I don't have any eloquent words to say today. Nothing witty or smart to make you laugh. I only ask that you hold the events of that day in your hearts. I know that I will.

I will never forget.

*S*

No comments: